Sturgeon Bay Utilities
Home Contact Us Site Map Bookmark and Share

How to Reach Us
Bill Payment Options
Electric Department
Water Department
Waste Water Treatment Plant
Utility Rates
Your Bill of Rights
Manage Your Utility Use
Frequently Asked Questions
Report Street Light Outage
Voluntary Contributions
Feedback/Satisfaction Survey
Give Us Quick Feedback

Frequently Asked Questions : What should I do if the lights go out?
Why is my bill so high?
What if I am dependent on electricity for health reasons?
What is the Power Cost Adjustment Clause (PCAC)?
How much water does an average family use?
What is the Commitment to Community charge?
What are Easements and Rights-Of-Way?
What is the Fire Flow and Refuse Charge on my bill?
How do I dispute a bill?

What should I do if the lights go out?

Before reporting an outage, please check for blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers. Check to see if your neighbors are out as well. That will help us determine the extent of the problem.

In addition:

  1. Report outages immediately by calling Sturgeon Bay Utilities, at (920) 746-2820. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day.
  2. Unplug sensitive electronic equipment such as TVs and computers.
  3. Unplug refrigerators, freezers and other major appliances. Reducing the load when power is restored may prevent additional outage time.
  4. Leave a light on so you will know when the power is restored and you can plug your refrigerator and freezer in again.
  5. Sturgeon Bay Utilities is responsible for electrical repair to the house knob, the point where wires attach to the customer's business or residence. Any electrical work required beyond the house knob is the responsibility of the customer.

Copyright 2018 Sturgeon Bay Utilities  |  Privacy Statement